Continuing education courses...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Coltuna

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

So originally I was planning on not applying to a few DO schools due to their upper level science requirement (I'm a health science major so my upper level sciences don't technically meet this requirement). A fellow SDNer mentioned possibly taking these classes before matriculation if/when accepted to these schools that require the classes. My questions are should I list these upper level science courses under continuing education if I'm realistically only going to take them if my only acceptance is to one of these schools requiring them before admission? Will these schools even consider my application if I don't list them? Will other schools that I've already met the prereqs for take back my acceptance if I end up taking these courses off my application once accepted to one of them?

I support myself financially and $2000-3000 is a lot of money to me. Obviously I'll pay if it's my only way into med school, but I don't want to pigeon hole myself into having to take these classes when most of the schools I'm applying to don't require them anyways. I should mention that my sGPA is 3.85, my cGPA is 3.87, anticipating 502-503 MCAT (taken June 30), and three of the schools with this requirement are VCOMs (I understand they value high GPA's).

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: