contract- APP revenue percentage

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

paindoc123

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,
I am a pain physician practicing in California, currently working for a private group. In process of renegotiating my contract. Initial term was 50:50 for collections for physician provided services. I supervise PA/NP and they see a big chunk of my patients, but I don't get any revenue back right now , but I will be negotiating soon. What would be a fair percentage should I ask for mid-level providers revenue? Note, I don't get any percentage of ancillary services collections. Would appreciate any advice. Thank you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
the latter is the point admin will argue.

i get 5% for "supervising" the APP work. i got that because at the time all APPs required a collaborating physician.

i usually get 2-3 management messages a day from the APP, and i have a weekly meeting with her to go over cases, review MRIs, etc.
 
I get 100% of their units in my HOPD model. Granted he mainly sees med refills and MBB followups. I do sign off on all notes and send all RXs myself. He only see about 8-10 people a day

My argument for this was that these are all the easy followups and I have the liability for the meds etc.

Plus all the neurosurgeons in my group do the same thing made it easy
 
Thanks! They are offering 15 % profit from APP revenue generated by their directly provided services, means excluding ancillaries etc and after deducting APP salary/benefits. I am negotiating for 25 % of profit, hoping to end up at 20 %.