Contracting with a hospital for medical school tution?

Started by Kahar
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Kahar

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,
I have heard before that some nurses entered into a contract with a hospital which said that the hospital would pay for their tution and in exchange they would work for that hospital once they graduated.
Have any of you heard about (or have personal experience) such arrangements for physicians and medical school tuition?

Thanks
 
That would be sweet, especially for students who know where they want to practice after medical school/residency and want to work for a hospital. But I haven't heard of any such program.
 
Hi all,
I have heard before that some nurses entered into a contract with a hospital which said that the hospital would pay for their tution and in exchange they would work for that hospital once they graduated.
Have any of you heard about (or have personal experience) such arrangements for physicians and medical school tuition?

Thanks
I've also spoken with nursing students who've said a hospital is paying for their coursework. However, the students I spoke with were already employees (phlebotomists, CNAs, etc.) of the hospital, and so the hospital was funding their coursework as an investment in a guaranteed nurse.

I have never heard of such an arrangement for medical students, and assumed it was because most pre-meds aren't employed as full-time healthcare technicians in a hospital (plus I don't think a doctor would be as good an investment for a hospital...perhaps there'd be too much incentive for private practice or academic medicine).