Contribution to medicine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SamuelTesla

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm having trouble coming up with a good answer to the question - any help appreciated! What kind of contribution will you make to medicine, as a doctor?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm having trouble coming up with a good answer to the question - any help appreciated! What kind of contribution will you make to medicine, as a doctor?

SDN isn't really hear to write your essays, or answer secondary questions for you.

That said, you can talk about research you might want to do, or how your going to help patients by being an great clinical and being caring. Medical schools know not everyone is gonna go on to cure AIDS....

SDN isn't really hear to write your essays, or answer secondary questions for you.

That said, you can talk about research you might want to do, or how your going to help patients by being an great clinical and being caring. Medical schools know not everyone is gonna go on to cure AIDS....

I'm actually preparing for my interview - but thx

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm actually preparing for my interview - but thx

Same thing. The question pertains to you and not to anyone else here. You'll need to do some soul searching for yourself to figure out the right answer for you. Anyone else's answer isn't yours and won't fit your past experiences and future aspirations.

If you have nothing, tell them you look forward to the opportunity to mentor students as an attending.

Instead of trying to come up with "a good answer", maybe you should try and come up with *your* answer.

Do you not plan on contributing anything to medicine? Have you thought how you would personally like to practice medicine? You don't need a fine tuned essay here, if the question comes answer it with sincerity, not an obviously rehearsed response.