Controversial Rivalries?!?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

giantDHrider

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
do you guys have any rivalries or perhaps lesser opinions of ODs and Dentists?

just wondering... :D

Members don't see this ad.

since i started med school, i have noticed that i hate everyone who is not an "md." my parents, my girlfriend, my classmates and even myself, all have earned my scorn. to not be an md is to be inferior.

Originally posted by giantDHrider:
•do you guys have any rivalries or perhaps lesser opinions of ODs and Dentists?

just wondering... :D •••

No, we need them. I need a dentist now. My teeth hurt when I eat or drink. OUCH!!

Members don't see this ad :)
There seems to be an ongoing rivalry between the MD students and EVERYONE else (but especially dental) at our school. I don't think anyone in our class really gives a crap, but I have heard several snide comments from "other" students as I've walked through the halls (in plain cloths...we all have different colored scrubs, so it's usually easy to spot MD vs dental vs nursing vs pharmacy, etc)

I overheard one guy complaining that our med-ed office kicked HIS class out of a lab so the "damn medical students could use it"...which was followed by "you know those guys OWN this school". Needless to say, I just put my head down and kept walkin' !

I think there are some rivalries between MD and other academic programs. For instance, some med people feel that dentistry is for those that didn't make it in med. There were many posts about this. I don't agree with this at all.

I think there are a few physicians that do not have respect for the podiatry profession. I have heard remarks such as, "I send my patients to podiatrists and noone gets better."

Personally I trust no one...I do my own dentistry, I de-worm my dog, I prescribe my own glasses (how hard is it to say "is this one better or is this one better?"). I also rack and crack my own back.
Thank you, enjoy the buffet.