Technology convert mp3 to text

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
R

Reborn24

anybody know programs out there. I want to convert an mp3 file into text. It seems like technology is still not up to date with this.

Members don't see this ad.

There may be some dictation devices out there, but the program would have to get used to your voice in order to replicate your voice pattern with text. Never used it, so I don't know where to get it.

There is a program that comes with the more expensive sony digital voice recorders that can do this for you, though I do not know how well it works.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nuance has a program called "Dragon Naturally Speaking" which comes with a bluetooth microphone and converts voice and audio files to text. They even have a specific version for medical dictation that the clinic here uses.

I've heard that Version 9 is less buggy than version 10, and than once you learn how to use it you can do tons of neat things (like mp3 to text, or vice versa).

None of these programs works particularly well, especially with pre-recorded files, unless they are using a high bitrate, are perfectly clear with no background noise, and the person speaking is not doing so at a fast pace.