Technology Convert Real Player files to AVI??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr Trek 1

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in a pinch and I have some RealPlayer (.RAM) files that I need converted to another format like AVI so I can play them without an internet connection for a presentation. I have literally downloaded a dozen shareware/freeware applications that are supposed to do this but didn't work. Does anyone know of a simple program that actually will do this??

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Dr Trek 1 said:
I am in a pinch and I have some RealPlayer (.RAM) files that I need converted to another format like AVI so I can play them without an internet connection for a presentation. I have literally downloaded a dozen shareware/freeware applications that are supposed to do this but didn't work. Does anyone know of a simple program that actually will do this??

Thanks!

Looks like you only downloaded the link to a real player file, rather than the file itself. Check the size of the file: If it is only 1-2 K this is probably a link. Every time you double click on the "link", it loads up the internet connection to access the actual file on the web.

Go to where ypu downloaded the files originally. Then right click and click "save target as". This should save your files to your harddisk.

If indeed this is a RAM file and not an extension it should play in real player with or without internet connection. If you are sure IT IS A RAM file and not an extension, use this free program to convert it to MP3 format. You can also convert it to wma and half a dozen others. Be advised this program is for AUDIO files; ie I'm assuming this ram file of yours is an audio file. Video won't work with this program:
http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

:idea:
suggest to visit www.vidflash.com
this service will be started very soon
Its online converting. You dont need any special tools to download and install, also you will avoid all codec problems.
that`s it! :luck: