Convocation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Freud's Pharm

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those members who are starting pharmacy school this fall, I was wondering what is the appropriate attire for convocation and the white coat ceremony, especially for ladies? Also, who will you be bringing...family, friends, etc.?

Members don't see this ad.

Freud's Pharm said:
For those members who are starting pharmacy school this fall, I was wondering what is the appropriate attire for convocation and the white coat ceremony, especially for ladies? Also, who will you be bringing...family, friends, etc.?

After looking at pictures from past years and talking to friends it seems to be business professional. Ladies are wearing dresses, skirts, dress pants or suits (I wouldnt recommend wearing a coat b/c your lab coat may not fit over it, this happened to a friend and she was MORTIFIED standing infront of everyone). I was told no jeans, fip flops, sundresses or anything wrinkled.

I will be bringing my husband.

Freud's Pharm said:
I have been told Sunday-type dress is appropriate for mine. I am bringing my parents, my sister, my husband, and probably my 7 year old daughter! Can you tell - I'm just a little bit excited about getting into pharmacy school :laugh: