Cool Podcasts!

Started by Pandacinny
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pandacinny

VMRCVM c/o 2013
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I listen to a LOT of podcasts to pass the time at work and during my commute to and from work (which is always too long!) I found a couple that I thought might be interesting or helpful to some of you. Both of these are from NIH's videocast website.

The first one is a talk intended for NIH postbac students. It's about writing a good personal statement for graduate school. It isn't veterinary specific, so some of the information may not apply, but I still thought there were some good tips in there. The podcast is around 2 hours long, but if you're like me and you drive a lot, that won't matter too much. Link is here: http://videocast.nih.gov/Summary.asp?File=14728

The second is a talk given waaaay back in October by Dr. Elaine Ostrander. It's about canine genetics. I especially like the part about bully whippets. Pretty cool! Link here: http://videocast.nih.gov/Summary.asp?File=14717

Anyways, enjoy and feel free to post up any other good podcasts you know of!