cool way to study on a Mac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

allylz

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all!
You can tell I'm taking the test really soon because I keep posting stuff.
Anyway... I just figured out this cool way to study using my Mac (really nerdy, but hey, this is an online forum).

If you cut and paste stuff from your USMLEWorld factoids document into TextEdit, you can highlight it and make the computer speak it by choosing 'Speech' off the menu.

Macs are new to me so I did not know they had this capability. So cool! For those of us who learn well by hearing but don't have anyone to study with...

I tell you, you will never forget this stuff after you hear it spoken in a weird, otherworldly voice.

Try cutting and pasting this:
Angiofibroma triad:[[slnc 500; pmod +1; pbas +1]] recurrent epis taxes, [[slnc 500; pmod +1; pbas +1]]nasal obstruction, [[slnc 500; pmod +1; pbas +1]]nasopharyngeal mass

wow. I am easily entertained.

Members don't see this ad.

allylz said:
Hey all!
Anyway... I just figured out this cool way to study using my Mac (really nerdy, but hey, this is an online forum).

If you cut and paste stuff from your USMLEWorld factoids document into TextEdit, you can highlight it and make the computer speak it by choosing 'Speech' off the menu.

Macs are new to me so I did not know they had this capability. So cool! For those of us who learn well by hearing but don't have anyone to study with...

I tell you, you will never forget this stuff after you hear it spoken in a weird, otherworldly voice.

Angiofibroma triad:[[slnc 500; pmod +1; pbas +1]] recurrent epis taxes, [[slnc 500; pmod +1; pbas +1]]nasal obstruction, [[slnc 500; pmod +1; pbas +1]]nasopharyngeal mass

sounds like a cool way to fail the exam

Way to rain on my parade. Well, I'm suffering from studying exhaustion, I need something in my life for amusement.

Members don't see this ad :)
shared misery.... this is what med school is all about!

;)

Hi Allylz,
I'm a recent MAC-convert. I just got my first MacBook last week and I absolutely LOVE it! It has a lot of neat features (like omni-outliner) which I'm just learning about. Thanks for the tip on the speech function! It'll definitely come in handy. =)

allylz said:
Hey all!