Cooling/preventing fevers

Started by europeman
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

europeman

Trauma Surgeon / Intensivist
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For your patients in the unit with stroke.... How long are u cooling then to prevent fever?

I'm a trauma surgeon. If any or u have experience in the tbi population..... Id like to hear that too.... How long are u cooling then to prevent fever?

Few days? Week? Two weeks?
 
I replied extensively to your prior post. I don't routinely induce therapeutic normothermia for stroke unless there is a substantial cerebral edema issue. Sure, tylenol and cooling blanket maybe, but rarely an active device. Therapeutic induced normothermia != cooling.

I assume you mean ischemic stroke.
 
I replied extensively to your prior post. I don't routinely induce therapeutic normothermia for stroke unless there is a substantial cerebral edema issue. Sure, tylenol and cooling blanket maybe, but rarely an active device. Therapeutic induced normothermia != cooling.

I assume you mean ischemic stroke.

Thank you for the reminder. I actually somehow missed the other post and I greatly appreciate your response. Feel free to delete this thread given the overlap.