Coping with Pre-Match Anxiety

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

unk_fxn

Booze in the Blender
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just can't cope with having no control over the next 3 years of my life for the next 18 days until match day. I am losing sleep, and I can see the psychotic break just around the corner.

I am out of liquor now. Dropping those Rosen books on my foot helped, but only for a minute, and now I think my foot is broken.

I was thinking maybe I could set up an auto infuser and just put myself on a diprivan drip and not wake up until the 17th. Obviously there are some logistical issues there but I think I can work through them. I thought about getting some anesthesia LOR's for the scramble, but it was so depressing just thinking about it made me tired.

I need some constructive suggestions on how to pass the time. Someone please help me.

Members don't see this ad.

there's always bingo

ETOH.................. Mucho ETOH

Members don't see this ad :)
There's one vital bit of info still unknown here. Which video game platform do you have?

when all else fails... ROAD TRIP. That, at least, is how I am passing these last few waiting days.

Wherever a turtle goes, it is home.

Febrifuge said:
There's one vital bit of info still unknown here. Which video game platform do you have?

Ah, the voice of true wisdom!

My EtOH of choice these days is Metal Arms: A Glitch in the System and the new StarFox game. I still have Metroid II in reserve.

BTW, Metal Arms is cross platform and a real sleeper of a game.

Oh yeah, I love cheat codes and infinite health. Yep, I'm not only going to parenting hell but gamer hell as well.

Take care,
Jeff

How about spending some time with the 3 wise men?

Jack Daniels
Jim Beam
Johnnie Walker

Or the newer 3 wise Mexican Men
Sub Jose Cuervo for Mr Walker.

turtle said:
when all else fails... ROAD TRIP. That, at least, is how I am passing these last few waiting days.

Wherever a turtle goes, it is home.

Yeah, road trip!!! That sounds like an excellent idea!!!! Can I come along? Will it be warm there? ARE WE THERE YET???