CORD letters?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Back34

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do these count as a letter of recommendation? I ask because I'm receiving interview offers from programs requiring 3 LOR's and I've only had 2 submitted plus the CORD.

My third letter writer is totally dragging her feet as far as getting my letter out and I'm wondering if I should just tell her not to bother because I already have my interviews scheduled. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Back34 said:
Do these count as a letter of recommendation? I ask because I'm receiving interview offers from programs requiring 3 LOR's and I've only had 2 submitted plus the CORD.

My third letter writer is totally dragging her feet as far as getting my letter out and I'm wondering if I should just tell her not to bother because I already have my interviews scheduled. Thanks.

A CORD letter, now known as a Standardized Letter of Recommendation (SLOR) is not only a LOR, it's the preferred one for EM. You're good.

BKN

BKN said:
A CORD letter, now known as a Standardized Letter of Recommendation (SLOR) is not only a LOR, it's the preferred one for EM. You're good.

BKN

Nice, thank you.