PhD/PsyD Core Values Assessment (CVA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psydstudent2020

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who has applied to or worked at a BOP - how do I prepare for this? Is there any resources I can use to study? I know the questions are correctional and not psychology based and I have never worked in a correctional setting before. I just don’t want to walk in blind and unprepared while I’m sure others are hearing about what questions are asked through the grapevine and will know what’s going to be asked. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone who has applied to or worked at a BOP - how do I prepare for this? Is there any resources I can use to study? I know the questions are correctional and not psychology based and I have never worked in a correctional setting before. I just don’t want to walk in blind and unprepared while I’m sure others are hearing about what questions are asked through the grapevine and will know what’s going to be asked. Thanks!

I imagine there may be study guides by now, but there weren't when I took it. The advice I heard is to think like a correctional officer/law enforcement officer (NOT a psychologist) and choose the "harshest" response.

I imagine there may be study guides by now, but there weren't when I took it. The advice I heard is to think like a correctional officer/law enforcement officer (NOT a psychologist) and choose the "harshest" response.

I can’t find any study guides, and if we fail if we can’t continue for the rest of the interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I also took it blind and had not really worked in a correctional setting. I think I only heard of one, maybe two, people not passing it my year. Since everyone has to take it, there is probably info online about it.