Cornell 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maconway

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone here apply to Cornell? When do we expect to hear from them

Members don't see this ad.

My friend got accepted and she hear on January 3rd. She was in Puerto Rico for 3 King's Day. I hope they do it early. I hate the wait.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also applied IS and I have noooo idea what to expect from them, but I do remember reading somewhere that they plan to notify in early-mid January. I know they like numbers, and that is one of my strengths, but for some reason I've got a weird feeling about them...

I applied as IS, but fully expect rejection. Thats fine.

Did anyone get a "your application is now complete and being reviewed" email? My status page is all checked off but I never got anything more than the supplemental complete email.

Nope, I didn't hear anything from Cornell...makes me a wee nervous since I keep thinking that the unchecked biochem box means they're just waiting to reject my app without telling me! (I know Cornell allows you to have a certain number of credits in progress but still....yay paranoia!) I'm IS too and just waiting for something already!

As long as your tracking page is complete, you should be fine. I got my OOS rejection last year around Mid Jan. so I'm assuming it will be the same next year.

Good luck everyone!

Nope, I didn't hear anything from Cornell...makes me a wee nervous since I keep thinking that the unchecked biochem box means they're just waiting to reject my app without telling me! (I know Cornell allows you to have a certain number of credits in progress but still....yay paranoia!) I'm IS too and just waiting for something already!

Last year they never checked off my Gen Chem II and Bio II. I called to make sure that wasn't the dumb reason for my rejection, and they said no, after a certain point, they don't update those any more, but your record will still show that all your pre-reqs are complete. So I wouldn't worry too much about that. If it really worries you, you can try emailing Jennifer, but this time of year, don't hold your breathe!

Another OOS-er here. Everything except micro (which I took this fall) has been confirmed on my status page.

Good luck!

Does Cornell notify people via e-mail, snail, or through the portal?