Jan 27, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Would truly appreciate any input on my choice between Brown vs. Cornell.

I am not sure if Brown will offer me the same level of research opportunities (have interest in Neuro) as Cornell. Cornell has a significantly higher Research ranking. Also am not sure if I will like NYC vs. the quieter setter of Providence. My SO is choosing between working in Boston (would commute from Providence) or working in Princeton, NJ and transferring after a year to NYC office. I have heard it is difficult to get couples housing at Cornell if you are not married.
During second visits, I got a good feeling from current students at both locations. Matching lists looked great for both as well.

Oct 17, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
If research opportunities/prestige/increasing your chances for competitive specialties/residencies is what's most important to you, 100% go to Cornell. Brown is a good school as well but Cornell is undoubtedly better. I would only choose Brown if both you and your SO really want to be in Providence/don't want to be in NYC.

deev04

2+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2017
Cornell is definitely the stronger school in terms of both prestige and research opportunities. If you also like the location better, going there makes sense.

Brown is very strong in neuroscience though. It's probably their strongest field and they have a lot of cool clinical/translational research going on and some solid basic neuroscience projects. Interests change though and Cornell is a powerhouse is everything, so not sure how much weight you should give this.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.