You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Cornell?
Started by lazygunner
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
lazygunner said:Anyone know the date that Cornell sends out acceptances? Think they'll send an email like they did with the early notifications?
Someone on another thread said it would be around March 15th.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks everyone...good luck! 

The "thanks for interviewing at cornell" email I received says:
"The Committee does not select the full entering class until mid-March, to give every competitive applicant the opportunity to interview before final decisions are made. So, please do not get discouraged if there is no communication until late March."
I do hope we hear before then!!!
"The Committee does not select the full entering class until mid-March, to give every competitive applicant the opportunity to interview before final decisions are made. So, please do not get discouraged if there is no communication until late March."
I do hope we hear before then!!!
Weird...I just remembered I've been complete at cornell since early september and never heard from them since then...no interview invite, and not even a rejection letter. They could at least reject me already, sheesh.
i got an acceptance a few days before Xmas...several others on SDN did too, though i think the total number was pretty low - hence my total shock in receiving one! anyway, i remember how much they downplayed the december acceptances at my interview, so you definitely shouldn't be discouraged if you haven't gotten in yet! goooood luck!
btw i interviewed in mid-october...don't know if that matters or not.
btw i interviewed in mid-october...don't know if that matters or not.
So I guess no one has heard from Cornell yet this week?
argonana said:So I guess no one has heard from Cornell yet this week?
Nope
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can tell you that rejections are being mailed. I received mine on 3/2. I had previously withdrawn due to my BU acceptance but they still sent the thin letter.southpaux said:when will the waiting end??![]()
Darkart said:I can tell you that rejections are being mailed. I received mine on 3/2. I had previously withdrawn due to my BU acceptance but they still sent the thin letter.
Where did you get the letter? NYC?
Thanks - and congrats on BU!
Darkart said:I can tell you that rejections are being mailed. I received mine on 3/2. I had previously withdrawn due to my BU acceptance but they still sent the thin letter.
Did you interview?
I'm in Delaware. Rejected pre (non) interview...NoSoupforYou13 said:Did you interview?
maybe i'll give it a try tomorrow -- I'll post and let you know.tkdusb said:I'm too scared to call. I'm too scared to even visit their website. AHHH I'm so nervous!!!!
god, i'd love to get in there though. it was one of my favorites when i visited.
I called, and the secretary told me that all decisions would be sent out by the 15th. Good luck!
rick james said:I called, and the secretary told me that all decisions would be sent out by the 15th. Good luck!
Secretary just said "hopefully by the end of the month we'll have all letters out." This was after asking me if I had interviewed (which I did).
I asked if she knew a more specific date and she said that she did not know of one.
this sucks.
To me secretaries always overestimate. This was my experience with Northwestern and Columbia.
Wow over the past week or so people who called the admissions office have been told (in chronological order)
*during the first week of March
*by March 15th
*by the end of the month
It's not like it ultimately matters one way or another, but still, you'd think that at this point in the game they'd have a good handle on where they are with things!
*during the first week of March
*by March 15th
*by the end of the month
It's not like it ultimately matters one way or another, but still, you'd think that at this point in the game they'd have a good handle on where they are with things!
i was in touch with one of the admissions directors today, and she mentioned that they are "getting ready to select the rest of the class next week." i got my accept by email, and most correspondence from them is through email...so i'd guess y'all should be hearing electronically next week!
best of luck!
btw, revisit weekend is may 5-6.
best of luck!
btw, revisit weekend is may 5-6.
somewhere2010 said:i was in touch with one of the admissions directors today, and she mentioned that they are "getting ready to select the rest of the class next week." i got my accept by email, and most correspondence from them is through email...so i'd guess y'all should be hearing electronically next week!
best of luck!![]()
btw, revisit weekend is may 5-6.
Were you one of the December admits?
NoSoupforYou13 said:Were you one of the December admits?
Nevermind. I saw when you were accepted. Congrats.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thanks nosoup! i see you got in to columbia - congrats! are you set on being in NYC this fall?
somewhere2010 said:thanks nosoup! i see you got in to columbia - congrats! are you set on being in NYC this fall?
There is a very good chance. I am waiting to hear back from some of the other non-rolling schools.
Eager to hear back from Cornell. They seem to be very unclear about mailing dates. Hopefully, it will be sometime next week, and we'll all have suprise letters in our mailboxes.
NoSoupforYou13 said:There is a very good chance. I am waiting to hear back from some of the other non-rolling schools.
Eager to hear back from Cornell. They seem to be very unclear about mailing dates. Hopefully, it will be sometime next week, and we'll all have suprise letters in our mailboxes.
No no no...the word is emails...we'll all have surpise emails in our emailboxes!
come on, cornell! just lay it down for us! let us be done!
I've been bold lately and called some admissions offices. When I talked to the lady at Cornell, she said to keep my pants on and that they would be done interviewing this week, and then start thinking about sending out decisions by smail. She also said they send them out in batches. So don't hold your breath, it could be mid-April for Cornell. I love New York. Later.
They said March in their literature, at the interview and in a letter to me. If they wait until April, all bets are off, including my letter of intent. Every day that goes by makes P&S seem that much more appealing....for many reasons.
Actually, on another recent interview, the Director of Admissions told me that AAMC requires all U.S. medical schools to announce as many acceptances as there are seats in the class by March 15 (hence the Harvard March 13 date to send acceptances). Therefore, I'll bet five bucks that Cornell sends out about 85 acceptance emails tomorrow or Wednesday (assuming they accepted about 15 people in December).
gafft said:Actually, on another recent interview, the Director of Admissions told me that AAMC requires all U.S. medical schools to announce as many acceptances as there are seats in the class by March 15
Do you know if the AAMC posts this anywhere? (as it will certainly have an effect on many people if true - more specifically those who do not hear from Cornell tomorrow....
gafft said:Actually, on another recent interview, the Director of Admissions told me that AAMC requires all U.S. medical schools to announce as many acceptances as there are seats in the class by March 15 (hence the Harvard March 13 date to send acceptances). Therefore, I'll bet five bucks that Cornell sends out about 85 acceptance emails tomorrow or Wednesday (assuming they accepted about 15 people in December).
Not true, unless Penn and Yale are in violation. Penn sends notification the week of March 20th, and Yale doesn't send notification until Mar 31.
ChocolateKiss said:Not true, unless Penn and Yale are in violation. Penn sends notification the week of March 20th, and Yale doesn't send notification until Mar 31.
There we go...no we can get through our day tomorrow without neurotic e-mail logins....
Mutt said:There we go...no we can get through our day tomorrow without neurotic e-mail logins....
The AAMC website clearly states March 30 as the recommended date for filling the class.
http://www.aamc.org/students/applying/policies/admissionofficers.htm
#4 on the list
basfan2000 said:The AAMC website clearly states March 30 as the recommended date for filling the class.
http://www.aamc.org/students/applying/policies/admissionofficers.htm
#4 on the list
So I guess Yale is in violation of this recommendation then. Hehe, maybe someone should send them a link to the AAMC website. Maybe someone who ISN'T applying...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ChocolateKiss said:So I guess Yale is in violation of this recommendation then. Hehe, maybe someone should send them a link to the AAMC website. Maybe someone who ISN'T applying...
Or someone like me who got no love from them.

Can we pleeease get emails soon.
Yeah, you're right, AAMC says March 30. Well, it was a pretty low tier med school where they told me this...not the brightest stars in the sky. I have a feeling you're right, it'll probably be another week at least but I'm fairly confident it'll be in the month of March.
But they do go out in batches so anybody who doesn't hear off the bat is still in the running.
On a separate note, what's the truth about PBL? Seems it's good for board scores because the students have an extra 5 hours a day to study for the boards but otherwise it seems kind of like a joke. Don't you worry that you won't be getting all the info you need?
But they do go out in batches so anybody who doesn't hear off the bat is still in the running.
On a separate note, what's the truth about PBL? Seems it's good for board scores because the students have an extra 5 hours a day to study for the boards but otherwise it seems kind of like a joke. Don't you worry that you won't be getting all the info you need?
gafft said:Yeah, you're right, AAMC says March 30. Well, it was a pretty low tier med school where they told me this...not the brightest stars in the sky. I have a feeling you're right, it'll probably be another week at least but I'm fairly confident it'll be in the month of March.
But they do go out in batches so anybody who doesn't hear off the bat is still in the running.
On a separate note, what's the truth about PBL? Seems it's good for board scores because the students have an extra 5 hours a day to study for the boards but otherwise it seems kind of like a joke. Don't you worry that you won't be getting all the info you need?
so cornell has like 2-3 lectures each day, which is comparable to pretty much any other med school. PBL is a compliment to this...you go for 1 1/2 hour sessions 3 times a week. it's basically learning how to think through cases in the same format you'll have to do starting 3rd year: you get a case in the beginning of the week...outline what you know, what you don't know, and potential diagnoses...go home and research your assigned portion of the "unknown" and report back to the group...then try to come up with a reasonal diagnosis as a group. the emphasis is placed more on the process than obtaining the right answer at this point because, as 1st and 2nd years, you don't really know ****!
cornell students match really well, so i'm guessing their board scores are solid as a whole...they get like 6 or 7 weeks to study for the boards.
gafft said:Actually, on another recent interview, the Director of Admissions told me that AAMC requires all U.S. medical schools to announce as many acceptances as there are seats in the class by March 15 (hence the Harvard March 13 date to send acceptances). Therefore, I'll bet five bucks that Cornell sends out about 85 acceptance emails tomorrow or Wednesday (assuming they accepted about 15 people in December).
there were about 35 of us at the first revisit weekend, so a better assumption would be they took about 40 or 50 in December.
Sorry they are taking so long and being so vague with their responses. The administration seemed very friendly and on top of things while we were there.
Good luck to all those waiting!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 1K
