Cornell's joint DVM/PhD program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sumstorm

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else affected by Cornell's change in DVM/PhD structure? It seems odd that they announced changes in the program this close to the VMCAS submissions. I can retract my submission to the PhD component of the program, but not the DVM program (or the VMCAS fee!)

Members don't see this ad.

Just curious - what are the changes?

They have changed the structure and funding. They will pay a stipend for the 3 or 4 years you are conducting your PhD, but not for the years you are doing your DVM, and now either the PhD or the DVM is sandwhiched between the other program (ie 2 years PhD, 3 years DVM, 2 years Phd) and you have to cover the DVM tuition now (instead of the school covering it directly) and they will reimburse or refund it at the end of the completion of the joint program.

I don't have actual issues with the new program (probably a better way of doing it)...just with changing it a few days before VMCAS was due...and after the application cycle had opened. I am not sure I would have applied there otherwise, but can't get refunds when things are already submitted.