Coronavirus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pink Eye

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are you guys wearing masks? What is your current Coronavirus policy? At what point are you going to start wearing N95 masks or surgical masks?

Currently, our practice does not have an official policy. We have hand sanitizer at the front desk and that is about it.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Members don't see this ad.

We have posted signs at the front desk and are asking patients to report any flu like symptoms when we confirm their appts. If they report postitive symptoms we are asking them to reschedule. Masks do not protect you from the virus by my understanding, per CDC guidelines they are unnecessary at this point. I would certainly ask patients to wear a mask if they were ill though those patients should be rescheduled. I'm now much more cognizant of washing my hands in between every patient encounter and not touching my face. We are also wiping down equipment and room surfaces with more frequency. Also not shaking hands.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
unfortunately, residents aren’t the priority. Oral boards. ARVO, attending physicians and researchers requested that they do not want to travel. But it’s ok for residents to be stuck in isolated area separated by cardboard because it doesn’t affect those(if you know what I mean). This exam is not as important if you put things in perspective. If you guys also don’t feel comfortable going to Prometric at this moment, I would urge to ask program or call aao to delay the ‘practice’ test.

Reactions: 1 users
It would show a disgusting lack of moral/ethic fortitude to close down every single Ophthalmological meeting/gathering of any kind over a risk of gathering masses of healthcare workers and then stick 100-150 residents in a tiny room separated by 2 feet.

It would show a disgusting lack of moral/ethic fortitude to close down every single Ophthalmological meeting/gathering of any kind over a risk of gathering masses of healthcare workers and then stick 100-150 residents in a tiny room separated by 2 feet.

The AAO does not want to lose that $$$! It has lost its way as an organization...

That would truly be beyond comprehension. Let them keep the money, residency programs are paying for it anyways, isn't out of any individuals pockets.

Question for everyon: Are your clinics staying open? Are you rescheduling non-urgent patients, or are you seeing everyone who passes screening questions?

The AAO has broadly recommended rescheduling elective procedures to limit exposure and free up resources, but they're not pushing this hard, and it's based on the local case load.

We are closing down everything as of NOW. Good luck everyone and stay healthy.

Reactions: 1 user
Still insane how they've left us in a state of confusion with no sound confirmation on whether the test is even happening or not. It clearly should be canceled as every resident's sole well being needs to be on the health of themselves, their families and their patients

Reactions: 1 users
They need to cancel it. The only other reasonable option would be to release it as a take home test that can be used for your own studying for boards. No percentiles should be given this year.