Coronavirus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Preoptometry550

Reaction score
Anyone concerned about traveling and thinking about cancelling their interview(s)? Has anyone heard if other schools are considering e-interviews? I'm not sure, yet, but I'm wondering if any school will reach out to us saying there's a change in plans, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

I was scheduled for a interview tomorrow with Salus and they called me in the late afternoon informing me of the interview being cancelled due to school/campus closure in the county. They offered a virtual interview earlier this week, but since I had everything booked I didn't want to make all the cancelations. NECO also offered me to do a virtual interview as well.

If it's a concern about your own personal safety, I wouldn't be concerned as COVID-19 really only has a poor prognosis in elderly patients. Otherwise, perhaps you can contact the schools directly and ask about what their policy will be in light of the pandemic.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I guess I'm not too scared about traveling, but my main concern is not being able to see the schools/clinics or interact/ask questions with current students (if it's done virtually).

Has anyone heard if ICO is hosting virtual interviews as well? Most (if not all) undergrad schools are closed in Chicago and I haven't heard a word from ICO. Interviewing there next Friday...

Has anyone heard if ICO is hosting virtual interviews as well? Most (if not all) undergrad schools are closed in Chicago and I haven't heard a word from ICO. Interviewing there next Friday...

They haven't been the best at responding to calls/emails. I'm scheduled for this Friday as well

Im guessing ICO contacted you by now but in the case they haven't, yes they are offering a virtual interview on skype ft or google hangout or you can reschedule your interview for later in april