Corporate sponsors for MD/MBA Programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SanDiegoSOD

Milk was a bad choice
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a question stemming from pure curiosity, but are there any corporate scholarships that fund or otherwise promote joint MD/MBA programs? I was browsing through md-mba.org and found the program offered by UC Davis that offers full scholarships for the full six-year joint degree program, and I wondered if anyone new of similar programs. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

You can also apply to work for a company while in medical school. If hired, most of them will pay your MBA. The bad side to that is that they will usually make you work for them at a salary significantly lower than your market value.

Members don't see this ad :)
Aucdoctobe said:
You can also apply to work for a company while in medical school. If hired, most of them will pay your MBA. The bad side to that is that they will usually make you work for them at a salary significantly lower than your market value.

have you actually seen a company do this? I would think a company would steer away from a medical student.

No, I haven't actually seen a company do it for the MD. I don't have an MD, so I really can't test this out.

However, I have seen companies do this for the MBA and JD.

The insurance company that I worked for used to do it, provided that a person sign a loyalty contract.

Aucdoctobe said:
No, I haven't actually seen a company do it for the MD. I don't have an MD, so I really can't test this out.

However, I have seen companies do this for the MBA and JD.

The insurance company that I worked for used to do it, provided that a person sign a loyalty contract.

The MBA & JD I could see, not the MD...too much time and you get too little for it, especially if you don't do a residency.

mward04 said:
The MBA & JD I could see, not the MD...too much time and you get too little for it, especially if you don't do a residency.

That could very well be true. Truthfully, I haven't had an opportunity to test your assumption.