cosmetics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'll take your word for it. I really rather not read her nonsense.
okay, but then please don't base your opinions or make blanket statements (primarily spewed by those with opposing views) about what she said.

the truth is out there.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does it work? Psychiatrist in town reports good results from his registry.

he says he gets great results.

i see a doc preying on a desperate population.

if a ketamine infusion can CURE psychosis, depression, fibromyalgia, then i am definitiely in the wrong business.

he says he gets great results.

i see a doc preying on a desperate population.

if a ketamine infusion can CURE psychosis, depression, fibromyalgia, then i am definitiely in the wrong business.

That's my friend's experience too. It's transformed people's lives--folks who could barely get up, get out of bed, hold jobs, etc having more or less normal lives. Kudos for doctors willing to think outside the box and offer services not covered by traditional insurance. We need more of that kind of patient-centered care in this field.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's my friend's experience too. It's transformed people's lives--folks who could barely get up, get out of bed, hold jobs, etc having more or less normal lives. Kudos for doctors willing to think outside the box and offer services not covered by traditional insurance. We need more of that kind of patient-centered care in this field.

we need long term f/u on these patients with functional measures. i can see how it may make a difference in the short term. but, do you get an infusion every few months ad infinitum? what is the suicide rate vs. baseline suicide rate? i definitely have my doubts about any "miracle drug"

Last edited:

You mean cash for placebo? Mu-shu at its finest. Love me some hoisin.

we need long term f/u on these patients with functional measures. i can see how it may make a difference in the short term. but, do you get an infusion every few months ad infinitum? what is the suicide rate vs. baseline suicide rate? i definitely have my doubts about any "miracle drug"

Probably has frequently as a RFA for facetogenic or posterior element pain. Both are palliative interventions.

Tons of inpt ketamine for CRPS as a fellow and it seemed to be good for some ppl, but only if they didn't demand higher rates of infusion so they can get stoned.

I sometimes wonder if they just like getting high.
The K hole + versed = a good time

Agreed.

You think Ketamine is a placebo? You never did a proper inpatient acute pain service rotation.
yes but acute inpatient pain =/= chronic nonmalignant pain

other than the word "pain"...

(and this is coming from someone who has prescribed ketamine for patients)

You mean cash for placebo? Mu-shu at its finest. Love me some hoisin.
HEALTH
Depression drug related to ketamine wins endorsement of key advisory panel

By MEGAN THIELKING @meggophone

FEBRUARY 12, 2019

JJ-645x645.jpg

DANIEL HULSHIZER/AP
An experimental medication for depression related to the hallucinogenic street drug ketamine won a crucial endorsement from an independent advisory committee convened by the Food and Drug Administration on Tuesday.

In a 14-to-2 vote, the panel said the benefits of the Johnson & Johnson drug, known as esketamine, outweigh the risks. The vote brings the novel type of rapid-acting treatment for depressionone step closer to approval.

The drug — delivered in a nasal spray — is the chemical cousin of the anesthetic ketamine. If approved, it would be the first major depression treatment approved in decades. The drug was tested in combination with oral antidepressants as a therapy for treatment-resistant depression.

ADVERTISEMENT

SPONSOR CONTENT
How to survive the first 100 days of telehealth
Executives from UW Health, Intermountain Healthcare, Avera Health, and Aultman Hospital reflect on launching successful telehealth program. Learn their secrets to success.
AMERICAN WELL

“I believe esketamine has the potential to be a game-changer in the treatment of depression,” said Dr. Walter Dunn, a panelist and psychiatrist at West Los Angeles Veterans Administration Medical Center.

Related:
Ketamine gives hope to patients with severe depression. But some clinics stray from the science and hype its benefits

One panelist, Dr. Jess Fiedorowicz of the University of Iowa, abstained from the vote.

In its briefing submitted ahead of the hearing, the FDA expressed concern that patients could be harmed if they experience dissociation, or an out-of-body experience that can leave people less aware of their surroundings. The agency also noted six deaths — including three suicides — among patients who were taking the drug. But FDA reviewers said that given that it was just a handful of cases and the patients had severe illnesses, it’s “difficult to consider these deaths as drug related.”

Experts have also expressed concern that there might be a high potential for abuse, given that ketamine is commonly abused. But the committee — which voted 15-to-2 in favor of the drug’s safety profile — said that the risk of abuse appears to be low.

Members don't see this ad :)
HEALTH
Depression drug related to ketamine wins endorsement of key advisory panel

By MEGAN THIELKING @meggophone

FEBRUARY 12, 2019

JJ-645x645.jpg

DANIEL HULSHIZER/AP
An experimental medication for depression related to the hallucinogenic street drug ketamine won a crucial endorsement from an independent advisory committee convened by the Food and Drug Administration on Tuesday.

In a 14-to-2 vote, the panel said the benefits of the Johnson & Johnson drug, known as esketamine, outweigh the risks. The vote brings the novel type of rapid-acting treatment for depressionone step closer to approval.

The drug — delivered in a nasal spray — is the chemical cousin of the anesthetic ketamine. If approved, it would be the first major depression treatment approved in decades. The drug was tested in combination with oral antidepressants as a therapy for treatment-resistant depression.

ADVERTISEMENT

SPONSOR CONTENT
How to survive the first 100 days of telehealth
Executives from UW Health, Intermountain Healthcare, Avera Health, and Aultman Hospital reflect on launching successful telehealth program. Learn their secrets to success.
AMERICAN WELL

“I believe esketamine has the potential to be a game-changer in the treatment of depression,” said Dr. Walter Dunn, a panelist and psychiatrist at West Los Angeles Veterans Administration Medical Center.

Related:
Ketamine gives hope to patients with severe depression. But some clinics stray from the science and hype its benefits

One panelist, Dr. Jess Fiedorowicz of the University of Iowa, abstained from the vote.

In its briefing submitted ahead of the hearing, the FDA expressed concern that patients could be harmed if they experience dissociation, or an out-of-body experience that can leave people less aware of their surroundings. The agency also noted six deaths — including three suicides — among patients who were taking the drug. But FDA reviewers said that given that it was just a handful of cases and the patients had severe illnesses, it’s “difficult to consider these deaths as drug related.”

Experts have also expressed concern that there might be a high potential for abuse, given that ketamine is commonly abused. But the committee — which voted 15-to-2 in favor of the drug’s safety profile — said that the risk of abuse appears to be low.

Wow. The same cracked up crew at the fda voted to bring us a new sublingual fentanyl analogue? No financial bias?

You mist be bored with all the recent nonsense posts. But i know you better. You are posting to generate discussion. I appreciate you.

Reactions: 1 users
Wow. The same cracked up crew at the fda voted to bring us a new sublingual fentanyl analogue? No financial bias?

You mist be bored with all the recent nonsense posts. But i know you better. You are posting to generate discussion. I appreciate you.

My job as emeritus moderator is to keep the poop stirred...

I tried AmnioFix for male baldness x 1. It worked amazingly well. I couldn't believe it. Hard to call that placebo.

I still can't believe it...

i am slightly technology challenged, but I kind of thought about this thread and the whole ketamine discussion today as i opened my email and there was an article regarding this! Sorry I am not sure how to post it, but it's on Medscape which I am sure many of you have access to.

Ha! who says that SDN is not relevant to every day discussions! :)

FDA Panels Endorse Ketamine Nasal Spray for Resistant Depression

i am slightly technology challenged, but I kind of thought about this thread and the whole ketamine discussion today as i opened my email and there was an article regarding this! Sorry I am not sure how to post it, but it's on Medscape which I am sure many of you have access to.

Ha! who says that SDN is not relevant to every day discussions! :)

FDA Panels Endorse Ketamine Nasal Spray for Resistant Depression

Neil Brennan (comedian) discussed his ketamine experience for major depression on the Joe Rogan Podcast a year or two ago. Didn't help him at all. Anecdote.