Costanza Physio Case Review Book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thaitanium

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used it? I know it is rated well by the authors of FA. What do you guys think of this book and helping us prepare for Step 1?

Members don't see this ad.

In speaking with Dr. Costanzo, she stated that the cases and problems book should not be used for Step 1 prep. It is more advanced and geared towards the advanced student.

Hope this helps.

was good practice. Never finished it. Let a friend borrow it, never got it back.

Scott_L said:
In speaking with Dr. Costanzo, she stated that the cases and problems book should not be used for Step 1 prep. It is more advanced and geared towards the advanced student.

Hope this helps.

Scott, thanks for the information. Would you ask Dr. Costanzo for advice for Step 1. It is hard to distinguish what is "advanced" and what is not.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone noticed that if you buy Costanza's Physiology text used on amazon.com the price is over $60, but if you buy one new on barnes and noble.com it's $32? Is it about to become out of print? I hope not, it's an awesome textbook!!

i used the case book to study for my course final exam. i am not sure how usmle questions are, but i also agree that they may be too advanced. she only focuses on certain pathologies, such as COPD, restrictive lung dz, diabetes, metabolic acidosis vs alkalosis, osmotic diuresis, etc. the typical things that im sure you learned in lecture.

ide do multiple choice questions. its more of a review book than a book to study questions/cases from. kind of like a supplement or extra reading.