Costco pharmacists!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

piad

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How did you get your job at Costco? I have been applying forever and never hear back from them.

Members don't see this ad.

How did you get your job at Costco? I have been applying forever and never hear back from them.

Like any other job, go in person and ask about openings or for DM contact. You may have to start off as a relief Pharmacist.

I've heard there's a waiting list to work for that company. The only way you'll really get in is if you know someone that does hiring and even then its hard now.

Look somewhere more realistic.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been trying to get into costco as an experienced pharmacist for the last 6 years and even now cannot even get interview. I even know someone that works for the company and i still get the same run around.......i still keep applying every 90 days and never get a response. Does anyone out there have any idea how they hire? How does one even get an interview? When I ask pharmacist there they tell me they cannot give DM name? They just tell me to keep applying online.....which i continue to do but never get any response. Costco may be a good company but i do think they discriminate people on the outside........a shame to say the least

let's say u open your own pharmacy. would u not discriminate in hiring? u have only 1 position available. who u gonna give? the hot girl next door, or the sexy girl down the street?

I've been trying to get into costco as an experienced pharmacist for the last 6 years and even now cannot even get interview. I even know someone that works for the company and i still get the same run around.......i still keep applying every 90 days and never get a response. Does anyone out there have any idea how they hire? How does one even get an interview? When I ask pharmacist there they tell me they cannot give DM name? They just tell me to keep applying online.....which i continue to do but never get any response. Costco may be a good company but i do think they discriminate people on the outside........a shame to say the least

you are in NJ...it's not discriminating....they probably get a **** ton of outside applicants that they don't even look at because they have a **** ton of inside applicants.

When I was moonlighting for a staffing agency 3 years ago, I worked at Costco occasionally. I was given a verbal offer for a part time position. I wad also offered a position at hospital outpatient pharmacy and safeway while moonlighting. I turned it down, as I already work fulltime in amb care.

I think foot in the door with moonlighting is a great approach.

Reactions: 1 users
It's hard to believe that Costco as big as they are would use a staffing agency with so many looking for work on the outside. Moonlighting is the only game in town but i would have to hit the lottery before i get a verbal from Costco.

? When I ask pharmacist there they tell me they cannot give DM name? They just tell me to keep applying online.....which i continue to do but never get any response.

Don't tell them that you are looking for a job before you ask for the DM's name.

Reactions: 1 users

I am very upset at the service you gave me today. Who is your district manager? I want to talk to them. Give me their phone number or an email address if you have it.

*hang up*

Boom.

Reactions: 2 users
Back in the late 90's and early 2000's the job situation was bad especially the hospital jobs.......but i don't recall it being so "cut-throat" as it is nowadays . People in general were much nicer back then.....getting contact information was never an issue. The pharmacy profession in general has lost a lot of respect for sure. I've been in retail most of my career.......anyone out there transition over to hospital pharmacy? I hear most hospitals require 2 year residency?

Back in the late 90's and early 2000's the job situation was bad especially the hospital jobs.......but i don't recall it being so "cut-throat" as it is nowadays . People in general were much nicer back then.....getting contact information was never an issue. The pharmacy profession in general has lost a lot of respect for sure. I've been in retail most of my career.......anyone out there transition over to hospital pharmacy? I hear most hospitals require 2 year residency?

it's really tough...especially in NJ.