Costco Pharmacy Internship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureFarmer21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I was hoping somebody could share their experience as a technician/intern at Costco Pharmacy. I just got a job as a technician there and start pharmacy school in the fall. Any insight and information is much appreciated. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I currently work at a awful Rite Aid pharmacy that does 150 scripts a day but only has one tech and pharmacist so you can imagine how big of a upgrade this is. During the interview the pharmacy manager said that she currently doesn't have any interns and there is one intern waiting for that store to open a position for that person. What worries me is that there are not of Costcos in my area which means that if I have to relocate to another Costco to become a intern it could become a major problem. Also, do you know if Costco pharmacist get paid as well as other pharmacist from Rite Aid, CVS and Walgreens? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
how do you guys go about applying for an intership at costco? is it talking to the RPH or applying online?

I currently work at a awful Rite Aid pharmacy that does 150 scripts a day but only has one tech and pharmacist so you can imagine how big of a upgrade this is. During the interview the pharmacy manager said that she currently doesn't have any interns and there is one intern waiting for that store to open a position for that person. What worries me is that there are not of Costcos in my area which means that if I have to relocate to another Costco to become a intern it could become a major problem. Also, do you know if Costco pharmacist get paid as well as other pharmacist from Rite Aid, CVS and Walgreens? Thanks.

not all costcos can take on interns, only specific costco's who have pharmacist preceptor's. with that in mind, to qualify for a costco internship they are more likely to accept someone who is already hired (working for the company).

Last edited:
I've been intern at Costco for a few years now here in California. I was kind of lucky getting the job.... I applied for more than a dozen other internships with no luck. In desperation I starting going to each store individually and talking to the pharmacy managers. Ultimately one of the them needed a new tech and decided to hire me on as an intern instead. The intern pay is decidedly less than some of the other pharmacy chains, but I figured it is an opportunity cost for getting to work for the best community pharmacy job out there. I'm near graduation now, and it looks like they are going to keep me on as a floater.