Could Anyone Help In Explaining........

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nurse

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

im from ireland and am very unfamiliar with your educational system, would anyone be able to explain to me what i have to do to get into medical school in the US?? :confused: i already have a Degree iknow thats one requirement. also was wondering how much approx does it cost to attend medical school?

thanks in advance hope you can shed some light

:luck:HAPPY ST PADDY'S DAY FROM THE EMERALD ISLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

To get into a US med school you need to have a degree from an accredited university, have at least passed all the premed requirements in biology, physics, chemistry, orgo, math, and english, you need volunteer work/clinical work/extra curriculars/research, letters of recommendation, the MCAT, and also need to fill out AMCAS, secondaries, go to interviews.

That's about it.

Hi there,

im from ireland and am very unfamiliar with your educational system, would anyone be able to explain to me what i have to do to get into medical school in the US?? :confused: i already have a Degree iknow thats one requirement. also was wondering how much approx does it cost to attend medical school?

thanks in advance hope you can shed some light

:luck:HAPPY ST PADDY'S DAY FROM THE EMERALD ISLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:luck:

The tuition can range from $6,550/yr (In-state at Baylor) to $43,014/yr (Tufts).

Members don't see this ad :)
But all in, the cost would fall into the range of 160-250 K for four years. Another aspect to contemplate is that many schools will not give international students much aid, and they may make you pay up front. Best of luck!!! I love Ireland!!!

as an international student u would not be able to able to most state schools. state schools are cheaper than private medical schools. i addition, some schools require u to have the money up front (some schools want 1 yr, some 4 yrs, and some don't care).