1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Could Anyone Help In Explaining........

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by nurse, Mar 15, 2007.

1. nurse

Other Health Professions Student
    Hi there,

im from ireland and am very unfamiliar with your educational system, would anyone be able to explain to me what i have to do to get into medical school in the US?? :confused: i already have a Degree iknow thats one requirement. also was wondering how much approx does it cost to attend medical school?

thanks in advance hope you can shed some light

:luck:HAPPY ST PADDY'S DAY FROM THE EMERALD ISLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:luck:

2. MonkeyNuts!

MonkeyNuts! Even Kal has bad days...
    Bronze Donor Verified Account 10+ Year Member

To get into a US med school you need to have a degree from an accredited university, have at least passed all the premed requirements in biology, physics, chemistry, orgo, math, and english, you need volunteer work/clinical work/extra curriculars/research, letters of recommendation, the MCAT, and also need to fill out AMCAS, secondaries, go to interviews.

That's about it.

3. NCF145

NCF145 Not Politically Correct
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    The tuition can range from $6,550/yr (In-state at Baylor) to $43,014/yr (Tufts).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. samwise2

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    But all in, the cost would fall into the range of 160-250 K for four years. Another aspect to contemplate is that many schools will not give international students much aid, and they may make you pay up front. Best of luck!!! I love Ireland!!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. khadija

khadija Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    as an international student u would not be able to able to most state schools. state schools are cheaper than private medical schools. i addition, some schools require u to have the money up front (some schools want 1 yr, some 4 yrs, and some don't care).