1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Could anyone help me with this transcript issue?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by alucard, Apr 19, 2004.

1. alucard

alucard Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey guys,

I was wondering if I should have my transcripts printed now and send it to me? The reason I'm asking is because two of my spring course grades aren't that great. So if I request now, they will just all be IPR (in progress).

And when I fill in my AADSAS online application, I can just put IPR for those courses as it is shown on my transcript, right? Even though there might be a chance I will get to know my actual mark by May 17th?

Should I send in my transcript even before the online application is completed?
    The only thing is that all that IPR's will include one pre-req, that is a half credit for orgo chem, does that matter?

And when do you have to send in your updated transcript?

Thanks a lot! :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Bickle

Bickle future NYC taxi driver
    10+ Year Member

Should you send your transcript before your application? No. Without an application, your transcript will probably get lost in the shuffle.

As for when you have to submit updated transcripts, that depends on the schools. But you do have to send them. There's really no point in trying to hide bad marks from schools, they'll eventually find out about them anyways.

4. ecdoesit

ecdoesit DDS/MS
    7+ Year Member

Well, school is not over yet. Just keep focus and do the best you can.
    Adcom looks for overall grades instead of just 1 semester, so just make sure that you finish strong. Good luck

5. dr_benj

dr_benj Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

You could send the transcript before you file your application, as long as you use a transcript matching form, it should not get lost and they will add it to your file as soon as you complete your application. HOWEVER, all the schools you apply to will no doubt ask for a new transcript once this semester is over. Don't bother trying to hide your grades...you will just end up looking dishonest.