Could DAT Destroyer hurt your score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bigpaul15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I got three weeks until my exam and I have just finished Chad's and started DAT destroyer and plan on working it twice in the next two weeks and then the week leading up to the exam taking Bootcamp practice tests. I was wondering though if the DAT Destroyer could ever hurt your score? The reason for why I would ever even think about such a thing is that the questions are so specific and harder in Destroyer so would there be a possibility of forgetting how to do the basic or easy problems that Chad goes over in his quizzes?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

No way! You need the basics to conquer the advanced problems. If you can get good at the complex problems, the easy ones seem like a piece of cake.

A lot of the Destroyer GC and OC is complex because it involves multiple steps or harder math. For example, a lot of the "predict the product" Destroyer reactions in OC need 3-4 steps, all of which are basic, but you have to think about it more. On the real DAT, you'll get 1 or 2 steps, so it seems like a piece of cake :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys think it would be worth to supplement in Chad's quizzes for the third time to work in with my Destroyer questions?

Just took my exam today. There were a handful of questions on every science section that were literally WORD FOR WORD out of destroyer. It saved my ass. And there comes a point when doing material for a 3rd time isn't beneficial. I'd say do destroyer once and HAMMER those concepts in, once you finish it you're really not going to want to do it again (in my opinion).

Reactions: 1 user
Do you guys think it would be worth to supplement in Chad's quizzes for the third time to work in with my Destroyer questions?
Maybe? Chad's quizzes are not that difficult. By the 3rd time you might just start remembering old answers. And, they go section by section so it doesn't really help you in having to realize "oh, this is an acid base titration problem so I should do ____" like you would have to in destroyer or the real test. I'd say start your Bootcamp tests and see how you do!