Could I assume?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shuey123

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I assume that since I was complete way ahead of Aug. MCAT'ers in some of these schools that august mcat guys are getting interviews and I didnt get response from these schools yet, that I was rejected from that school? :scared: :scared: :scared: (on the verge of tears) ( i.e why else would August MCATers get interviews before me?)

Members don't see this ad.

I completely do not understand alot of the waiting game you guys are seeming to be going through. Alot of people feel schools have forgotten about them? Does this actually happen? Do applications get lost?

And does a school actually hold on to rejections for awhile before sending them out? That just doesn't seem logical to me. It seems that if a school has not called you for an interview, they are still considering it.

astrife said:
I completely do not understand alot of the waiting game you guys are seeming to be going through. Alot of people feel schools have forgotten about them? Does this actually happen? Do applications get lost?

And does a school actually hold on to rejections for awhile before sending them out? That just doesn't seem logical to me. It seems that if a school has not called you for an interview, they are still considering it.

I am not absolutely certain about this but I think that some schools rank their applicants as they come in and those who rank highest get interview offers right away. Those ranked very low are declined an interview and get a letter right away. Some are held back to invite if there are slots available after all of the "very best" are invited. So, in a sense, it is a waitlist for interviews. If an expected stack of excellent applicants doesn't materialize after the August MCATs are in, then those early applicants who were acceptable but not extraordinary are invited to interview. No news is good news -- until February.

shuey123 said:
Should I assume that since I was complete way ahead of Aug. MCAT'ers in some of these schools that august mcat guys are getting interviews and I didnt get response from these schools yet, that I was rejected from that school? :scared: :scared: :scared: (on the verge of tears) ( i.e why else would August MCATers get interviews before me?)

That's happening to me now. Schools that I were complete at in late July to early August has seem to have forgotten about me and August MCATers are getting invites from the same place. Oh well, I am gonna chalk this up to the mysteries of the application process..."whooo eeee whooo"