Could really use some advice! (MCATish)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

youngnflyy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Basically I'm in the process of preparing for the MCAT, and have come to the conclusion that I may need to push back my exam date to feel more comfortable & confident in my ability to do well (currently signed up for July 28th, thinking of pushing it to August 18th or 19th). I'm just curious to know if I'm putting myself at a terrible disadvantage by doing so? Just really trying to weigh out the pro's and con's of a late mcat score. Working another year as a lab tech would drive me up a wall!

Here are my stats sans MCAT:

African American Male
3.9 gpa
Played tennis in college
Student worker on campus
Summer pre-med enrichment program between Soph. & Junior Yr.
Semester worth of research experience in undergrad
hospital volunteer experience
Volunteer Tennis/Life Skills coach
2 Years worth of research after undergrad at the Dana-Farber Cancer Inst.(graduated from college in 2008)
3 Shadowing experiences
Currently working as a molecular lab tech. for a company in the south

Thanks in advance for your help! It means a lot.

- Youngnflyy

Members don't see this ad.

to feel more comfortable & confident in my ability to do well

I don't think I would have ever felt comfortable and confident.

As long as you are testing between 28+ on the AAMC practice tests, especially the last three, then you should hold onto the date that you have. If you push back now, then what is stopping you from delay, delay, delay... oh I should just apply next cycle.

Your stats look good. Now just crush the MCAT to close the deal on getting into med school.

Unless you are applying to a school that I am applying at, then delay until after I am accepted is fine. :) JK

dsoz

:thumbup:

I agree with dsoz. As long as you doing well on your exams 28+ then I advise you to take your exam. Are you applying this cycle and if so, did you submit in your AMCAS? You have killer stats :) I don't know if they are better than mine :p JK JK but i am not applying this cycle anyway :rolleyes: :D

Good Luck and take as many practice tests as possible

Futuredoctor328