Could someone explain how to solve this GC problem?

Started by swindoll
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

swindoll

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can't figure this out..
 

Attachments

  • 00002.jpg
    00002.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 238
I got you. Alright let's start with the Gibbs free energy equation. DeltaG= DeltaH -(T)DeltaS ... Delta H is the heat of formation times 2 since there are two moles! Temperature should be converted to Kelvin so 25 C is 298K. Then delta S is the Sum of Delta S of the mols of products minus sum of Delta S reactants. That gives you 25. Then the 1 x 10-3 is to convert J from the entropy to kJ from the enthalpy. It is hard to type out but I hope that helped!
 
I got you. Alright let's start with the Gibbs free energy equation. DeltaG= DeltaH -(T)DeltaS ... Delta H is the heat of formation times 2 since there are two moles! Temperature should be converted to Kelvin so 25 C is 298K. Then delta S is the Sum of Delta S of the mols of products minus sum of Delta S reactants. That gives you 25. Then the 1 x 10-3 is to convert J from the entropy to kJ from the enthalpy. It is hard to type out but I hope that helped!
Got it! Thanks a lot!
 
I got you. Alright let's start with the Gibbs free energy equation. DeltaG= DeltaH -(T)DeltaS ... Delta H is the heat of formation times 2 since there are two moles! Temperature should be converted to Kelvin so 25 C is 298K. Then delta S is the Sum of Delta S of the mols of products minus sum of Delta S reactants. That gives you 25. Then the 1 x 10-3 is to convert J from the entropy to kJ from the enthalpy. It is hard to type out but I hope that helped!
Thanks! I got stuck on this one as well. The wording was what threw me off.