1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Could theinstructors write LOE electronic and submit before I submit applycation

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by brother, May 15, 2008.

1. brother

Pre-Dental
    I have two other questions:

1. when I see in Evaluators area, there are 2 sentences:
    _ I waive my right of access to this reference
    _ I do NOT waive my right of access to this reference

What is the meaning of two sentences above? What sentence should I choose?

2. My instructors perfer to write the LOE electronic. When I let the ADEA that my instructors choose the LOE electronic. Will ADEA send the emails to my instructors before I submit the application or I must submit the application, then ADEA know I apply, then send email to my instructor for LOE electronic?

thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. airsimon

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    1. waive your right to access the letters. If it's not checked schools might not take the LOE seriously because if you want to be able to access the letter that may mean you are nervous about something they will write.

2. Yes

4. brother

Pre-Dental
    thanks for answer 1. I must choose I waive my right to access to this reference

However, I don't understand your answer in question 2. Is it mean that ADEA will send the email to my instructors when I fill out the Evaluators, even I have not submmited the applycation yet. Am I right?

Thanks

5. airsimon

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    lol. I swear I'm from this country! When I type it sure sounds like I'm foreign, though, doesn't it?
    When you put the LOR writer's email address into AADSAS they will send an automatic email to the letter writer telling them how to upload the LOR file. You could verify this by putting your own email address (probably a different email than you have on AADSAS file) and see if it sends you that email to your address.
    Sorry if this didn't make any sense.