Could you be left without a residency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjmcentee@hotma

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Entering medical school in september, and I was wondering; what are the chances of not getting any residency? Could you be left out in the cold after four years of med school?

I am sure this questions been asked a hundred times, but be patient with me if it has.

Thanks
Jim LECOM 2009

Members don't see this ad.

jjmcentee@hotma said:
Entering medical school in september, and I was wondering; what are the chances of not getting any residency? Could you be left out in the cold after four years of med school?

I am sure this questions been asked a hundred times, but be patient with me if it has.

Thanks
Jim LECOM 2009

if you went to med school in the US, very very unlikely (although I know 1 person who had this happen ... very extenuating circumstances though).

yes it could happen. not likely though.

jjmcentee@hotma said:

Thanks
Jim LECOM 2009

It is very possible that you might not match into the specialty of your CHOICE, however, it is very improbable that you not get into any residency. Especially if you are a US grad