[email protected]

10+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2004
Rochester, ny
Status
Medical Student
Entering medical school in september, and I was wondering; what are the chances of not getting any residency? Could you be left out in the cold after four years of med school?

I am sure this questions been asked a hundred times, but be patient with me if it has.

Thanks
Jim LECOM 2009

retroviridae

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2005
Houston, TX
Status
Entering medical school in september, and I was wondering; what are the chances of not getting any residency? Could you be left out in the cold after four years of med school?

I am sure this questions been asked a hundred times, but be patient with me if it has.

Thanks
Jim LECOM 2009
if you went to med school in the US, very very unlikely (although I know 1 person who had this happen ... very extenuating circumstances though).

gasgodess

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2004
Status

Thanks
Jim LECOM 2009
It is very possible that you might not match into the specialty of your CHOICE, however, it is very improbable that you not get into any residency. Especially if you are a US grad