Couldn't help but notice...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WeAreNotRobots

m.d. doing radiology
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Couldn't help but notice how much these "What are my chances?" threads resemble advertisements for used cars.

-----
"I'm X years old in my Y year majoring in Whatever-ology" (make, model, year).

"My undergrad GPA sucks, I did a postbacc to make up for it, and I did really well on the MCAT" (high miles, re-built engine, new tranny).

"I have volunteered at Bloody Bodies Hospital once/week for 10 years, I started a shoe-tying club at my university, and I shadow my colorectal surgeon biweekly" (new paint job, new tires, recent tune-up).

[and then comes the kicker...]

"I have been arrested for possession of controlled substances, and have been convicted of assault and battery" (owned by a smoker, was in a rear-end collision).

"What are my chances for US MD/DO, and the Caribbean; or should I give up?" (asking for $X,XXX / OBO, will sell for parts; what's the salvage value?)

Members don't see this ad.

Good analogy!

Then the "What are my Chances?" thread responders=the Blue Book which takes into consideration all elements and tells you the vehicle's true value on the open market?

Ha! I forgot about Kelly Blue Book! Nice one.

...not passing a smog check is like academic probation...

[c'mon, i know we can think of more]