Counselling Session Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

that redhead

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Contest Winner!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! I'm going to be attending a session held by VMRCVM at my university. They do an introduction to the program and how to be a competitive applicant and at the end, one-on-one counselling sessions. I signed up to go to one of these sessions (although I'm unsure if it's just for people interested or people actually applying - I'm actually applying this cycle). I'm planning to bring a copy of my transcript, my GRE score report and maybe a list of my experiences, bulleted or otherwise simplified. My questions for you are:
1. Is there anything else I should bring?
2. Is a nice blouse with khaki pants appropriate to wear? From the one picture on their website, everyone has on Tshirts and jeans/sweats, and while I don't want to look slobby, I don't think I need to wear a suit or anything.
3. Any suggested questions I should ask? I've come up with a few on my own already, but it's always nice to have an outside opinion. If it helps, I'd really like to focus on my weak GPA.

Thanks everyone 🙂