Count as BPCM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

springbg

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took a course called Human Growth & Development.

I was wondering if AMCAS would count this as Bio?

Members don't see this ad.

What kind of human growth and development? Is it more psychological?

UCLAstudent said:
What kind of human growth and development? Is it more psychological?

it's actually a combination of physical and psychological.. so it's sorta both.. i really wanna count it cuz it would bring up my overall bpcm, as well as my bpcm for the year i took orgo. do you know if AMCAS has access to the course descriptions of certain courses or do they just decide based on the name?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Content is more important than name. I took a psychobiology course, which, at my school, is offered through the psych department. I classified it as a biology class because of the content. Use your judgment. :)

UCLAstudent said:
Content is more important than name. I took a psychobiology course, which, at my school, is offered through the psych department. I classified it as a biology class because of the content. Use your judgment. :)

did amcas ask you to explain your classification? or it just went through? what was the name of your course?

(mine is in the nutritional sciences department - yeah it's weird)

thanks again!

My course was Psych 15: Intro to Psychobiology. AMCAS will switch anything that is categorized incorrectly ... my class was not switched, though, because content is what matters (and it was definitely biology in content). It sounds like yours could qualify for biology, but it really depends on what was covered and how detailed it was! :)