Count down to April 30th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doggo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who else is excited to see some waitlist movement!

It seems like I always hear about people saying they got off waitlists so I'm pretty pumped!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
Considering I'm on 3 waitlists with no acceptances and 1 more decision pending, yes I'm anxiously awaiting waitlist movement. Though I wouldn't say I'm pumped, as even though at least 2/3 schools I'm WL'd at are notorious for WL movement, I'm a bit pessimistic about my chances of getting off a WL.

Reactions: 4 users
Finally... a thread that feels like home

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Who else is excited to see some waitlist movement!

It seems like I always hear about people saying they got off waitlists so I'm pretty pumped!
I'm here with ya! Top 3 choices all are waitlists. Naturally been sending them lots of love since hearing of my position. Hope it works!

Reactions: 1 users
Considering I'm on 3 waitlists with no acceptances and 1 more decision pending, yes I'm anxiously awaiting waitlist movement. Though I wouldn't say I'm pumped, as even though at least 2/3 schools I'm WL'd at are notorious for WL movement, I'm a bit pessimistic about my chances of getting off a WL.
I'm in a similar situation with a fair number of waitlists and pending decisions, and I'm terribly anxious as well. There is no amount of probability calculations that I could do based on post-II acceptance rates that would console me as much as an actual acceptance would...but yet I do it anyway! Best of luck to those of us this cycle who have found ourselves eagerly awaiting waitlist movement in May.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm WL at my top choice but I still got faith in myself. I hope everyone gets in where they wanna be.

I'm anxiously waiting for it too
I'm on 6 waitlists and no acceptances

Sent from my Redmi Pro using SDN mobile

Reactions: 5 users
My only remaining chance of an acceptance is to come off the WL at a school with virtually no WL movement.

Hoping for the best!

Just got my 5th waitlist/continue to review/hold today, with no acceptances and 1 more decision pending. It could be worse, but not optimistic about my chances overall. Honestly feeling pretty low at the moment, wondering what is wrong with me, when friends with fewer interviews are already in. But good luck to all of you!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got my 5th waitlist/continue to review/hold today, with no acceptances and 1 more decision pending. It could be worse, but not optimistic about my chances overall. Honestly feeling pretty low at the moment, wondering what is wrong with me, when friends with fewer interviews are already in. But good luck to all of you!
The process is so random and unpredictable that I wouldn't hold lack of acceptances against myself. Your friends just happened to fit the kind of student they were looking for at that moment. You just got unlucky

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I completely relate to this feeling right here. It's hard not to take these things personally, especially since our applications are natural extensions of ourselves.

Half of all matriculants get a single offer of acceptance and one is all it takes. Good luck all

And remember the famous saying that nothing is completed until the corpulent woman waxes in soprano range or something like that.
I wish they had this framed in the Prehealth office at school. I feel like my advisors didn't do enough to emphasize that getting even one interview is impressive

The process is so random and unpredictable that I wouldn't hold lack of acceptances against myself. Your friends just happened to fit the kind of student they were looking for at that moment. You just got unlucky
Thanks for the consolation. Yeah no two situations can be compared, it just makes me question myself. I'll try to stay optimistic!

Reactions: 1 user
I completely relate to this feeling right here. It's hard not to take these things personally, especially since our applications are natural extensions of ourselves.
I feel you. I'm definitely aware that there are so many applicants out there who are more amazing and definitely deserve it, but its still a bummer to put all of yourself and all you've worked for out there only to be deemed not as worthy. Hoping things work out for you (based on your MDApps I have a good feeling they will!)

I would adjust your countdown to May 1st, since the 30th is a Sunday this year! (Last year's was the 2nd, that was one of the longest weekends in history)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Lucky enough to get in, still hoping to get off the WL at my top 2 choices. Am I still welcome here?

Lucky enough to get in, still hoping to get off the WL at my top 2 choices. Am I still welcome here?
Lol of course! As long as the school you got into already isn't JH or Harvard haha

I would adjust your countdown to May 1st, since the 30th is a Sunday this year! (Last year's was the 2nd, that was one of the longest weekends in history)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Holy cow good to know. Didn't think of that.

joining the thread, my brothers and sisters
2 WL and one pending decision

this is going to be the slowest 6 weeks in history

I'm like 99.82% sure I'll be waitlised at my top choice (interview scheduled but not happened yet lol...). Hope!

Ahh yes, joining this thread. The uncertainty is anxiety provoking. I hope we all get good news, sooner rather than later :)

For those without many waitlists (like me).. when/if are you planning to start prepping for next cycle? I want to start before the May timeframe, but I also don't want to "throw in the towel" and give up hope.

For those without many waitlists (like me).. when/if are you planning to start prepping for next cycle? I want to start before the May timeframe, but I also don't want to "throw in the towel" and give up hope.
Im on 3 with 1 pending but will be planning on submitting the first day primary submissions open, so I'm thinking about tweaks to my personal statement now. Refilling out AMCAS won't be that different because we already have done it once, just have to add in the new stuff we've done.

Question...if you get accepted off a waitlist on the 28th but are holding another acceptance, do you still have to make a decision by the 30th/1st?