Countdown for seniors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roja

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have 21 shifts left... anyone else counting down yet??? :cool: :love:

Members don't see this ad.

roja said:

Different yet sort of similar 40 days til graduation!

Members don't see this ad :)
JkGrocerz said:
T minus 5 days baby!

Wow.. Sadly I start my sub-i tomorrow.. 4 weeks of medicine floors.. yucky!

EctopicFetus said:
Wow.. Sadly I start my sub-i tomorrow.. 4 weeks of medicine floors.. yucky!

whoa that sucks doing a sub-i this late. I just finished my trauma surgery, and now have micu elective coming which shouldnt' be nearly as time consuming. but sub-i in medicine would be hard to stay focused with graduation and stuff coming up.

i have confidence you'll make it through and continue to postpad here!

67 days remain here until the end, 53 until the graduation ceremony.

JackBauERfan said:
whoa that sucks doing a sub-i this late. I just finished my trauma surgery, and now have micu elective coming which shouldnt' be nearly as time consuming. but sub-i in medicine would be hard to stay focused with graduation and stuff coming up.

It was scheduled originally for August but the school decided it would be cool to change the rules at the site I was at and as such I had to change my date. Anyways... it starts this morning.. oh well.. Shouldnt be too terrible I just hope my team is cool!

Finished last medschool rotation Feb 24th!

Graduation in 26 days!!

EM residency in 60 days!!!

cannot imagine doing any rotations this spring :scared:

roja said:

I have 43 shifts left including tonight. I did all of my off service rotations already so I finish these last 3 blocks with ED.

mike

Now here's a question: are mikecwru and roja finishing on the same day/around the same time? If so - why does mike have DOUBLE the number of shifts left?

socuteMD said:
Now here's a question: are mikecwru and roja finishing on the same day/around the same time? If so - why does mike have DOUBLE the number of shifts left?

He explained it. All ED rotations left. Presumably Roja has an offservice. I have a resident who finished her ED shifts in March.

Still waiting on June schedule -- can't start the countdown yet...

socuteMD said:

I am very slow, so I need double the amount of shifts to see an equivalent # of patients.

I get bogged down thinking about all of the addicts as scumbags and not as the unique individuals with a disease and no responsibility for some of their despicable actions.... but hey, nobody's perfect.

mike

Members don't see this ad :)
21 shifts left in my residency. Twelve in May and nine in June. Flying this month.

Where did the time go?

T minus 3 (1 day shift and 2 nights) and counting.

Only 9 ED shifts left, including tonight.

The wisdom of the scheduling gods gave me Trauma as my final rotation. Q3 call in summer taking care of drunk GSWs and fell-down-go-boom taking orders from surgeons. Yuck.

Anyway, it will make me appreciate being an attending that much more.

Wooot!

I miscounted! I have 19 shifts between now and mid-june.

I only work 3 shifts in may...... WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeee.

BKN said:
I have a resident who finished her ED shifts in March.

Ouch. Much sadness for her.

Take care,
Jeff

today is officially my last day as an ms4...i can't wait to celebrate :D
although the fear is already slowly creeping in... :scared:

I only have:
ONE more trauma shift (which is tomorrow, a painful 24 hours straight as the trauma ICU resient)
My May elective -> no shifts!
June, which has our graduatino date as June 23rd. I am finalizing the schedule, but it appears I will be working about 13 shifts. Woot woot!

Q

DrQuinn said:
I only have:
ONE more trauma shift (which is tomorrow, a painful 24 hours straight as the trauma ICU resient)
My May elective -> no shifts!
June, which has our graduatino date as June 23rd. I am finalizing the schedule, but it appears I will be working about 13 shifts. Woot woot!

Q

Quinn actually posting a message :eek: ??!! Where you been hiding? It's not like the old days when you used to post with a much higher frequency.

Wook

wook said:
Quinn actually posting a message :eek: ??!! Where you been hiding? It's not like the old days when you used to post with a much higher frequency.

Wook
I have been occupied by my book lately. Publisher is telling me June 1st, so I have to get it all together. Cuts down on the SDN exposure time. I'm going to revamp it starting June/July.

Q

well, let's see... i just got back from a month in belize and plan spending the next two weeks before graduation packing up and trying to sell all my worldly possessions. no worky for me! :laugh:

JackBauERfan said: