Countdown to Match Day!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can you explain the Star Trek and the movie reference?

The movie reference is to "The Seventh Seal", a classic Swedish foreign film by Ingmar Berman in which a knight plays a game of chess with the personification of Death to forestall his demise so that he can fit in one last good deed. That movie's title is in turn a reference to the seventh seal which is loosened off of a book in Revelation after which there is silence in heaven for half an hour and then the angels trumpet and pour out judgement over the earth (I thought it fitting for ushering in a week of waiting before match day).

The other guy posted the character "7 of 9" (or sometimes abbreviated "Seven") who is a rescued former member of the Borg collective in Star Trek Voyager which is also the TV show that my avatar comes from (he is the holographic computer ship's doctor). The other poster was saying it would have been a more fitting reference to post. Sorry for the nerdiness.

Members don't see this ad :)
auto6.jpg

For those who bleed Red

This Guy...
11/27/10

dimitar_berbatov.jpg

JohnnyFive.jpg

Johnny Five!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Email is sent on Jan 12 at 4 AM pacific time (7AM eastern time) whether we match or not, and on the 13th we can access SF match to see where we matched. Usually PD calls people who match at their program

last year there was some glitch with the SF match system, so certain programs didn't know which students had matched into their program. i ended up finding out from my dean's office fairly late in the morning, and when i emailed my program they actually didn't even know i had matched there yet.

^^ Funny!

Anyone else having trouble sleeping this week?

no-cn3.jpg

I thought you'd post this on Day 7, since that seems to be what most of us applicants are feeling like.

Email is sent on Jan 12 at 4 AM pacific time (7AM eastern time) whether we match or not, and on the 13th we can access SF match to see where we matched. Usually PD calls people who match at their program

Wonder who is going to stay up and wait for that email...

Wonder who is going to stay up and wait for that email...

I'm planning to set my alarm clock for it - part of the whole match day experience, but sadly I've got an internship interview that afternoon so hopefully I've heard from my school or the PD by then...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUlw3ACdN5s[/YOUTUBE]

What I heard from my Dean's Office:
Jan 12, 4AM PST: Email is sent out to applicants telling you whether you matched.
Jan 12, 8AM PST: Email is sent out to Dean's Offices with results of match. Depending on how your school handles it, these results are typically shared with you.
Jan 13, 8AM PST: Match results posted on SF Match website.

I just called my dean's office to ask about tomorrow (Thursday) and the coordinator told me to call about 8 am (we are in eastern standard time zone) and she could tell me the results. She seemed pretty certain she would have them then, but it's possible she's wrong. A fellow applicant from my school was also talking about how people found out via text message last year around 7 am. What's everybody else hearing?

i have heard the same thing, seems like the results are out by 8am EST to deans offices (i'm on east coast too).

still unclear on this yay or nay email, though. a current resident told me they got theirs on the night before, i.e. tonight.

I just spoke to SF Match on the phone. They said that both the email telling you whether or not you matched as well as the results to the deans offices are sent out at 4 am PST tomorrow.

I just spoke to SF Match on the phone. They said that both the email telling you whether or not you matched as well as the results to the deans offices are sent out at 4 am PST tomorrow.

In that case:

halfandhalf.jpg

Just curious, what is protocol on the west coast? Do programs contact people at 5 am, or is it more scattered?

congrats everyone!!!!!! i matched too!!! soooooo happy!!!! hahahahah

Congrats everyone!
Did most people who received the email from SF that they matched this morning already receive calls from the program they matched at?

Heard the news from my med school. Haven't heard from my program though.

Heard from my med school and got a call from the program around noon