Counting Research Hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

klever

Reaction score
Hello SDN,

For context, I fill out a logbook for my different activities. I was just wondering how to log my research hours. When counting my research hours, does that include the time I spend out of the lab reading research papers or compiling literature? Or should I log only the time I spend in the actual wet-lab and contributing to my project as "research hours?"

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

If anyone who supervises you had to verify your research hours, how would they count "research hours"? What is the split between bench and "library"? If it appears that you inflated your hours because your supervisor only counts the bench and you count both, it could look bad for you particularly if your number is 25-30% higher than what your supervisor can document. Do you understand what I'm saying?

Reactions: 1 users
If anyone who supervises you had to verify your research hours, how would they count "research hours"? What is the split between bench and "library"? If it appears that you inflated your hours because your supervisor only counts the bench and you count both, it could look bad for you particularly if your number is 25-30% higher than what your supervisor can document. Do you understand what I'm saying?
Understood, I'll just go by the bench hours in my logbook to be safe!

Reactions: 1 user