course codes for aadsas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dexadental

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was browsing old posts...have course codes really been abolished for the new app going up? I was going to write all my courses down today but it be a waste of time if they're not going to be used. If they are done with, how else should I prepare for the new app to apply the first day it goes up? AADSAS is hell.

Members don't see this ad.

dexadental said:
I was browsing old posts...have course codes really been abolished for the new app going up? I was going to write all my courses down today but it be a waste of time if they're not going to be used. If they are done with, how else should I prepare for the new app to apply the first day it goes up? AADSAS is hell.

There isn't a whole lot to prepare for. Entering your transcript information takes a little time, but that entire process still only took me 20 minutes or so when I did it several years ago.

Don't stress it, you'll be fine. You can't say AADSAS is hell if you haven't even dealt with it yet! :)

sure alot of gunners here :)

when it opens up you still have plenty of time afterwards b4 you can acctually submited it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Really? I was under the impression that you could submit it as soon as it opens. It just won't be processed until June 1. Please correct me if I'm way off base.

Lily68 said:
Really? I was under the impression that you could submit it as soon as it opens. It just won't be processed until June 1. Please correct me if I'm way off base.

That's what I thought. Could somebody please shed some light on this? Is this how it works, or can you not submit it until a different date from the date it opens?

Last year, the application became available on May 18. I filled it out that day and submitted it that day. And, as you both said, it wasn't processed until June 1. I'm assuming it is the same this year.

JavadiCavity said:
Last year, the application became available on May 18. I filled it out that day and submitted it that day. And, as you both said, it wasn't processed until June 1. I'm assuming it is the same this year.

I submitted mine on the 25th of May. I'm guessing that even though AADSAS does not begin processing them until June, that when they begin processing the aap's it is in the order that they were submitted. My AADSAS number was in the mid-200's.

hey dexadental its me ripal, how's the DAT preparation going, I am getting ready to take it, been studying for a while, just waiting on my letter of recommendations to come in.

eric when did your app actually reach the schools. Most people say 5-6 weeks, is it the same even if you apply in May?

rajmahal2004 said:
eric when did your app actually reach the schools. Most people say 5-6 weeks, is it the same even if you apply in May?

From what I recall the schools recieved my application around mid-June, so 4-6 weeks at the beggining of the cycle could be considered a good rule of thumb. As other SDN memebers that submitted their apps later in the summer could attest to, the times seem to get a bit longer, 4-8 weeks, as the application cycle drags on. Good Luck.