Course codes on AADSAS.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentist2008

UF class of 2008
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the online AADSAS form, when you enter your course work, there is a place where it asks for your course code.
I suppose it is the course number that appears on the transcript.
However, it does not let you enter more than 6 letter and numbers in total.
My class codes are usually 7 characters or in the case of labs 8.
for example CHM2211 for organic chem or CHM2211L for organic chem lab.
How do I enter this number into the application form?
Has anybody had this problem before?

Members don't see this ad.

I have the same problem! HELP!

Just put in as much as you can. What I did was condense it as much as possible by putting as much of the course number as possible (just in case you are taking two or more classes of one particular subject). Other's may do it differently. Don't worry, the adcom's will figure it out.

For example:

BIOL200 => BIO200
CHM2211 => CH2211
CHM2211L => C2211L

Just my suggestion. Good luck this year!

Members don't see this ad :)
agutier is correct. Remember, the schools also have a copy of your transcripts, so they can certainly look at those if any clarification is needed.

The course code isn't what matters as much as the course listing (ie, science or non-science).

speaking of course codes...does anyone know what to enter for classes in which you were a TA (teaching assistant)? I was a TA for evolutionary bio...twice. So do i put down the evolution code? i did get a grade and credit hours. Also, a lot of my classes are listed as anthropology - but they are zoology/paleontology/biology based. Comparative primate anatomy/+ lab...should i just put down anthropology?

maybe if i bribe my pre-health advisor with candy i can just get her to fill out my application for me?

I'm not absolutely sure on how you should approach the TA thing. Was TA-ing a requirement for a masters program? I don't see how they would give you a grade for it.

But strictly speaking, if you took any type of course, then you should put it on your application since it will show up on your transcript. I don't remember if they give you a space to write any type of comments in the coursework section. If they do, then just indicate there that you were a TA.

Oh and also, if you took anthropology classes.....you should put them down as anthropology (no matter what subject they seem or are based on).

Always stick to what your transcripts indicate. This will lessen any type of confusion the adcom's might have. Hope this helps! Good luck!

Agutier,

The TAing I did was in undergraduate. They gave me a grade becasue I ran the laboratory and taught the lab as well. It's suppossed to be a grad thing - and since they aren't allowed to pay undergrads, they have to pay me in credit hours. kinda cool.

either way, i will ask my pre-health advisor about this one...and the anthro stuff too! Thanks for the heads up on that one!

Sure thing. ;)