Course Entry in SOPHAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheMoons

Reaction score
On my transcript, AP exams and study abroad courses are credited in numbers that end in 0.7 or 0.3. Neither of those increments are provided in SOPHAS. My university said those numbers are the exact credit value and should be entered as such; they have no conversion rate. When speaking with SOPHAS, all they tell me to do is ask my university for a conversion rate. I am being spun in circles after speaking with more than 3 people from each side. Needlessly to say, I am incredibly frustrated. Has anyone experienced this issue and have any recommendations? Can I pick the nearest value instead (e.g., enter 4.67 on SOPHAS for a course that is credited at 4.7 on my transcript)?

Members don't see this ad.

So, I had an undergraduate lab that was 0.2 course credits, and according to my transcript, 1 course credit = 4 semester hours. So, if you do the calculation, 0.2 x 4 = 0.8, and the 0.8 was not something I could enter in SOPHAS. I emailed them to ask about this, and if I should just use 0.75, and they said 0.75 was fine (to use the closest value available). I just submitted the full SOPHAS app today, it hasn't yet been verified.

So, I had an undergraduate lab that was 0.2 course credits, and according to my transcript, 1 course credit = 4 semester hours. So, if you do the calculation, 0.2 x 4 = 0.8, and the 0.8 was not something I could enter in SOPHAS. I emailed them to ask about this, and if I should just use 0.75, and they said 0.75 was fine (to use the closest value available). I just submitted the full SOPHAS app today, it hasn't yet been verified.

Also, in response to my first email to SOPHAS in which I explained that I couldn't enter 0.8, they sent back a form response that told me to ask my institution for a conversion (which I already had - that wasn't the issue). I had to email them a second time to clarify, and then they said to use the closest value available.
Hope that helps and good luck!