course load after acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dgrad2013

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, long time lurker and now i am in need of some advice! I checked the search function but couldn't find much. Anyhow here is my situation. I have already been accepted by a few schools and Ive made my deposit at one already so all is set and ready to go. The requirements were basically just to graduate and complete the pre reqs. Well Im done all the prereqs and I only need 3 classes this semester to graduate. Im currently taking 4 classes (5 being a full load) and one of them is just so horribly brudal and im also getting killed in it (on pace for my first D ever haha).Im actually trying hard I just made the mistake of taking a philosophy class for the first time for ****s and turns out its not my thing at all!

So my options are to tough it out and try to bring it up, or wuss out and drop the class. I still have a week before the last day to drop classes without penalty(ie. not showing up as a W on transcript) and i dont need it to graduate at all. Also its my only class with a final so if i drop it my summer will start 2 weeks earlier haha. Very tempting as you can probably tell, Ill even get a partial refund of my money! Im just not sure how the adcom will react to it.

Im guessing they probably wont give a crap that I only took 3 courses, aslong as I graduate which I will guaranteed, and I have all the requirements. The only negative aspect I guess is they will know i dropped 2 courses my last semester of undergrad after my acceptance.

Im probably overthinking this alot, but some input would be appreciated, especially if you have any info regarding this.

Thanks alot

Members don't see this ad.

Rofl thats what you suckers get for thinking Philosophy is so easy. As a Philosophy major, I'll take this golden opportunity to say that the field of Philosophy should not be taken lightly.

As for the OP I recommend you pass/fail it. At this point of the semester I don't think its too late to apply for that. In case its one of those requirements you can't pass/fail... I would call the dental school and talk to them right now, because a D is pretty serious.

This is a no-brainer. Drop it. Don't risk getting a D.

Members don't see this ad :)
Let me Highlight some things:

Hey guys, long time lurker and now i am in need of some advice! I checked the search function but couldn't find much. Anyhow here is my situation. I have already been accepted by a few schools and Ive made my deposit at one already so all is set and ready to go. The requirements were basically just to graduate and complete the pre reqs. Well Im done all the prereqs and I only need 3 classes this semester to graduate. Im currently taking 4 classes (5 being a full load) and one of them is just so horribly brudal and im also getting killed in it (on pace for my first D ever haha).Im actually trying hard I just made the mistake of taking a philosophy class for the first time for ****s and turns out its not my thing at all!

So my options are to tough it out and try to bring it up, or wuss out and drop the class. I still have a week before the last day to drop classes without penalty(ie. not showing up as a W on transcript) and i dont need it to graduate at all. Also its my only class with a final so if i drop it my summer will start 2 weeks earlier haha. Very tempting as you can probably tell, Ill even get a partial refund of my money! Im just not sure how the adcom will react to it. Who the Frack cares... you're in.

Im guessing they probably wont give a crap that I only took 3 courses, aslong as I graduate which I will guaranteed, and I have all the requirements. The only negative aspect I guess is they will know i dropped 2 courses my last semester of undergrad after my acceptance.

Im probably overthinking this alot, but some input would be appreciated, especially if you have any info regarding this.

Thanks alot

Hope I don't have to say any more than that

i think dropping the class is a no brainer. there are very distinct disadvantages to taking the course yet there isnt a single advantage. if it doesnt show up as a withdrawal on your transcript then how would the adcom even know?

If it doesn't show up on your transcript, DROP IT! Take the money, the extra time off, and have some fun!!

Thanks guys! I guess I just needed to hear it from someone else and get a little reassurance haha