Course Load/Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SharpayxX

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So it's another one of those rate my course load posts lol A lot of my friends think it is kinda heavy and might end up hurting me so I just wanted a second opinion...(oh yea, I'm a sophomore)

Anatomy/Physiology (5 credits)
Physics I w/ lab (4 credits)
Genetics (3 credits)
Sociology (3 credits)
Organic Chem Lab (1 credit)

Also, someone recommended to me that I get a hard copy of the ADEA application and start filling it out now so when I do it for real (hopefully next summer) I'll have all the info and can just copy it. Does anyone know where I can get it? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure how good or what your background on sci classes but for me i know i will end up kissing the letter grade A on 1 or 2 or even 3 out of the 4 sci classes goodbye if i were to taken them all at the same time. I heard ochem isn't that easy but then again your uni might be easy

thats a lot you have to remember hope you can cramp it in for the night of exam and hope the exams doesn't fall on the same day

All I know is in anatomy you will be studying more time out of class and lab than time actually spent in class, especially toward exam time.

Members don't see this ad :)
16 hours is hardly a heavy courseload, even with the courses you are taking. Like LaEzEnT said, how well you do will depend on your background in these subjects.

16 hours is hardly a heavy courseload, even with the courses you are taking. Like LaEzEnT said, how well you do will depend on your background in these subjects.

and how much time you're willing to dedicate to school. You could easily add a class or two but your dedication to school will increase. None of the classes are difficult- just time consuming. That isn't bad at all.

So it's another one of those rate my course load posts lol A lot of my friends think it is kinda heavy and might end up hurting me so I just wanted a second opinion...(oh yea, I'm a sophomore)

Anatomy/Physiology (5 credits) <<<< fun, time consuming, kills play time
Physics I w/ lab (4 credits) <<<< physics at my school was a real B*tch so i ended up taking it during the summer cuz i wanted to spread out my classes
Genetics (3 credits) <<<< boring... lots of memorizing
Sociology (3 credits) <<<< i'm assuming this is a social sci class... which are normally easy classes so i'd keep this
Organic Chem Lab (1 credit) <<<<< i loved o chem so i did really well... ask around and see what ppl at your school say about the workloads of the labs... that's what i did to figure out my schedule

my advice to you would be to ask around the ppl at your school and your friends what they thought about the classes when they took it... or what they heard about the teachers teaching it... and if i were to drop a class i'd drop genetics. cuz i personally love punnet squares but all the chromosomes stuff... -_-;; didn't fare too well with me.

Also, someone recommended to me that I get a hard copy of the ADEA application and start filling it out now so when I do it for real (hopefully next summer) I'll have all the info and can just copy it. Does anyone know where I can get it? Thanks!

As for the hard copy... i think what they meant is start an app on AADSAS but don't add schools... once it's submitted you can copy and paste the whole app to a word doc.

hopefully this'll help you :)

oh and fyi. i'm a lazy person... haha. i like have school but i also like having my play time and relax time so i ended up taking classes all year long (only cuz i voted for summer school) and during the school yea i took the minimum amount of credits to be a full-time student. i found for me it was less stressful and more relaxing. and what i actually did was opened up a word doc at the begining of freshman year and started planning out my classes for the next four years and spreading them out so that i didn't have to take more than 16 units a quarter. yea yea i kno... how nerdy and weird but hey, i found it helped and when it came time to register for classes... i knew what classes i had to take without wasting time planning classes and in the end finding out i have to stay an extra quarter b/c i forgot some GE class... -_-.. :p

oh and fyi. i'm a lazy person... haha. i like have school but i also like having my play time and relax time so i ended up taking classes all year long (only cuz i voted for summer school) and during the school yea i took the minimum amount of credits to be a full-time student. i found for me it was less stressful and more relaxing. and what i actually did was opened up a word doc at the begining of freshman year and started planning out my classes for the next four years and spreading them out so that i didn't have to take more than 16 units a quarter. yea yea i kno... how nerdy and weird but hey, i found it helped and when it came time to register for classes... i knew what classes i had to take without wasting time planning classes and in the end finding out i have to stay an extra quarter b/c i forgot some GE class... -_-.. :p

a lot of schools like at the difficult of your courseload. so i'm not sure if taking 12 credit semesters + a few credits or summer or whatever for 4 years would impress the admissions committee. i think you should see how the first week or so of class goes...and then drop/add something else depending on that. good luck.

Your course load doesn't look that hard but it appears to be very time consuming with 3 labs. I mean a lab report every week is a lot of busy work!