Course Load Senior Year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Summerlax2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Short version: Will dropping a science to carry a really light senior year reflect poorly on my current application cycle.

Recently was informed that a change that was expected to take place regarding required courses for a major ended up falling through. My original plan was to add this major, as I would have needed 2 extra bio classes (one in the fall and one in the spring), but now no longer need them.

Would dropping the upper level bio class (A comparative anatomy class, I have already taken anatomy 1 and 2) in order to carry a really light senior spring (15 credit fall, 9 credit spring), be held against me by schools? I am currently applying this cycle. I will graduate in the spring with a major and three minors (one of which is a bio minor that I originally planned to make the double major).

My school is in the process of switching my advisor, and with it being summer just looking for some initial feedback. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I dropped down to the bare minimum 12 credits my last semester and my school didn't seem to mind, but I was already accepted at the time. YMMV.

At my school you are considered full time even if under 12 if you take only the classes you need to graduate (checked this because I play a spring sport).

My thinking is to switch my schedule to take a biology in the spring if necessary based on his the year goes. Thank you