Course Load/Summer Courses question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jy87

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone:

I know this probably depends on the exact school but if anyone knows broadly the answer to my questions that would be really appreciated:

I'm currently in junior year and considering dropping a course right now (long story). If I do in fact drop this course it would mean that for both sophomore and junior year I haven't taken a full course load (i.e., I've taken the equivalent to four full-year courses a year) with freshman year being the only year that I took the full five-year course load. Could this potentially be looked down upon by adcoms??

Also, in order to make up for the courses that I didn't take during the regular academic year I would take them (3 courses) during the summer. Could this also be looked down upon by adcoms??

Thanks in advance! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I dont think courses are looked unfavorable if you take them over the summer. You will spend the same amount of them anyways. Im taking science classes on my summer... both in my sophmore and junior year. I think they will look even better since you can start taking upper level classes in your sophmore/early junior year.
Good luck