Course Load

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yumimartian

yumimartian
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi fellow SDNers,

I was wondering if ya'll know whether dental schools put a heavy emphasis on your course load each semester when determining you for admission to their dental school? Cuz i guess this might be an indication of your competence in dental school?

Thanks for your responses.

-Yumi

Members don't see this ad.

It could be a measure of how well one can juggle a courseload. I think carrying a consistantly low courseload could be a flag to an admissions committee, but there are certainly circumstances that can warrant a semester of easy/light/few classes.

I wouldn't make it the norm, and you might want to be prepared to explain why you did such a thing, although I don't think many adcoms would ask about it.

Wow, thanks for responding so promptly. I just hit the refresh button and there ya go. This site is addicting. lol

ItsGavinC said:
It could be a measure of how well one can juggle a courseload. I think carrying a consistantly low courseload could be a flag to an admissions committee, but there are certainly circumstances that can warrant a semester of easy/light/few classes.

I wouldn't make it the norm, and you might want to be prepared to explain why you did such a thing, although I don't think many adcoms would ask about it.

Members don't see this ad :)