Course Load

Started by Neil45
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Neil45

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I am a Canadian Student. I took four courses in the Fall semester(3 sciences and 1 "easy" elective(Sociology). I am currently taking 4 courses in the spring semester with the same courses as in the Fall semester. So, overall, this is 28 credits for Year one. I believe most optometry schools want to see students who take challenging course loads(30-35 credits per year), so will I be automatically considered a disadvangtage if I apply to optometry schools? I know that the University of Waterloo(only English optometry school in Canada🙁 ) want students who take full course load each year. Are many American schools like this? Is this something to worry about? Should I start taking full course loads from now on starting in second year?

Thank you.