1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Course Load

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by An Yong, Sep 15, 2002.

1. An Yong

An Yong Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi, this is my first post but I have read SDN for a while now. I had a question regarding course load. A fellow pre-med here suggested that I take more hours next semester (my schedule will be very similiar next semester) because 13 hours may seem a bit lax to most adcoms. Unfortunately, I don't think I can take a single class more right now. My question was do adcoms look just at the number of hours when interpreting the difficulty of your courseload, or do they look at the classes as well?

Here is my course load:

Organic Chem
    Physics
    Discrete/Combinatorial Math
    Differential Equations,

It only totals to about 13 hours.

Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. All-Star14

All-Star14 Wants to Rock Wit U
    7+ Year Member

In terms of you taking enough hours, I haven't the faintest notion (my school doesn't deal with credit hours). However, in terms of work load, I think you're taking more than enough. The courses you're taking require a great deal of time and effort; unless you feel you can handle another course, I'd advise you not to pick up another course and just focus on the ones you're taking (assuming you're taking four full courses).