Course Load

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

An Yong

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post but I have read SDN for a while now. I had a question regarding course load. A fellow pre-med here suggested that I take more hours next semester (my schedule will be very similiar next semester) because 13 hours may seem a bit lax to most adcoms. Unfortunately, I don't think I can take a single class more right now. My question was do adcoms look just at the number of hours when interpreting the difficulty of your courseload, or do they look at the classes as well?

Here is my course load:

Organic Chem
Physics
Discrete/Combinatorial Math
Differential Equations,

It only totals to about 13 hours.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

In terms of you taking enough hours, I haven't the faintest notion (my school doesn't deal with credit hours). However, in terms of work load, I think you're taking more than enough. The courses you're taking require a great deal of time and effort; unless you feel you can handle another course, I'd advise you not to pick up another course and just focus on the ones you're taking (assuming you're taking four full courses).